Monday, September 24, 2012

do-over.

It's late, and I should be sleeping, but I am not.  This is often the truth, lately.  I am stealing moments of solitude and quiet after everyone goes to sleep.  Stealing them from myself, because of my real need for sleep. 
Tonight, I'm wondering how other families do it, and whether or not that matters for us.  The 'it' tonight is regrouping after a fallout between siblings, or family members.  Tomorrow IS another day, with no mistakes in it, yes.  But, sometimes we get in these ruts of reaction, and the next time a little bump comes in the road... how will we do it differently?  Do we just forge down the path some more making mistakes, forgiving each other, only to bash again, like two billy-goats, the next time our feathers are ruffled... yes, I know mixing metaphors. 
Seriously, though... I could spend hours trolling the net, luxuriating in gorgeous photos of perfect lives, handmade, homemade, and thrifted.  What I really want to know is--what helps you and your family out of self-created ick.

No comments: