Saturday, November 24, 2007

A new little one...

Lest I jump straight into costumes and Halloween parties, let me pause and remember my lovely week in Texas, with my sister and her family, where I was fortunate enough to 
 be a part of the birth of my new niece, Kailey Anna Ruby. As always, the birth was miraculous, inspiring and left me filled with hope and lots of positive energy. It was also just nice to hang ou
t with my sister and her family for a whole week, since I never get to do that. I feel like I know them all at least a little bit better now.

My job of being a doula is always rewarding and wonderful, and working with my sister's family in that capacity was pretty amazing. It wasn't really 'work', now was it? I felt like I was on vacation, most of the time, because it was really just like being at home, except there were two other adults and one less child, so it was fun and easy--a feeling that I really wanted to take back home with me.

I could go on and on and on about all of the little details, but I think I'll let the photos do the talking:


.

No comments: