Friday, June 07, 2013

Lollygagging

Today, instead of doing a bunch of errands, Forest and I went for a walk.  We parked in a neighborhood.  He rode his scooter and I walked.  It was a shady walk through the greenspace between two suburban developments.  Much of it was boardwalk.  Because I'm taking doxycyclene for a tick bite I received, I wanted to stay out of the sun, and this was perfect.  At one point, we were standing in the sun and I said, "We can't lollygag in the sun, because I will get a sunburn!"  Forest, a lover of words said, "Oooh, what's lollygagging?"  I told him I would show him once we got back to the shady part.  So when we did, he said, "Now you can lollygag, Mama!  Lollygag!  Lollygag!  Do it!  I want to see it!"  What a funny kid.  I had to think about what active lollygagging really looked like.  I slowed down, looked up at the trees, smiled, danced around a bit, and waved my arms.  He giggled.  So, today, my wellness included lollygagging.  It also included listening to the middle school band with Eleanor and doing my workout when I couldn't sleep.  Now I'm sleepy.  I'm going to go lollygag in bed. 

1 comment:

User0 said...

What a great word!

user0@pclabstest.com