Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The day before the day before....

Well, it's the day before the day before departure for Jolly Old England. Ella's stuff is all but packed and so is mine. I finished the skirt for the wedding, and, Ellas 'wedding dress' and another cute play dress arrived from Boise. She put them on to dance around and try them out right away. I was wishing, for the second time this week, that I could capture her look of delight on film and send it right off to the gift giver. Of course, I wanted to make at least one more skirt, but I can always do that later, when I am not trying to get ready to go somewhere. Gus and Lucy both played over at friends' houses this afternoon, so that made the getting ready easier. And Ella, well, she stayed home with dad and, "mostly made egg flower soup," her new specialty. She got a Mollie Katzen's cookbook called Honest Pretzels for her birthday, and it just so happened to have the recipe in it. Tonight's soup wasn't as good as the birthday meal soup, but it was still very tasty. I will try to put some photos in before I go, but there are still the last minute things to do before we leave. I had a recurring bad thought that Ella's passport had actually expired, even though I knew it hadn't. I was relieved when I got it out tonight to see that it truly does not expire until 2009. There are in a safe place, waiting to get on the plane. Now all of us and Mr. Christopher (er, unSaint Christopher?) will just have to visualize them staying safe as I venture out into travel mode.

No comments: