Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Hello (hello) is there anybody out there....

I have no idea if anyone will ever read my blog. But, just in case they do, I might like to get into the habit of writing more often. There seem to be a lot of bloggy thoughts in my mind lately, and especially when I read SouleMama's blog. Summer is zooming by, and many times a day I think, how can I slow down and just enjoy this life? Today we went to violin lessons and then came home for a bit and played with our pinkeyed neighbor friends, helped her big sis sew part of a quilt, I made a sling, complete with the new packaging option proposed by my sister, then we turned around and went back into town to a swimming/gelato party. It was kind of cold but much fun

.
Last weekend was the Oregon Country Fair, always a fun time. The kids keep rehashing in the car. We got to see our friend Katy's daughter, Laura, perform in the 'Ricochet Circus' doing ariels on the trapeze and a long cloth suspended from high. It was even more amazing than her show last year.
Gus had a nice time today finishing up his knight's helmet. We seem to be in the middle of an interest shift. Knights are becoming very interesting to Gus, possibly because we listened to the wonderful recording of Sir Percival and the Hidden Grail by Odds Bodkin. It might be nice to have a bit of chivalry in our lives after 3 years of living with a pirate.

No comments: